"Fiverr" Traffic

Traffic. No business can survive without it. Whether it is a brick and mortar store or a website. Some traffic is required to make sales. No traffic, no sales, no business. "Where are you supposed to get the traffic from" is the lament that I and other businesses owners cry as one source after another dries up. Where are all the people? They don't seem to be online!

I like many others discovered that you can buy traffic. Perfect solution right? Of course it is! After all there is an entire industry built just from traffic. If that's so then these guys are the experts and they should be able to deliver tons of traffic. Good traffic or poor, does it matter? Who is to judge? Ok, enough polish. Here's what I've learned, over the last 6 months, about what I've come to call "fiverr" traffic.

It's more or less a fraudulent scam. Even as I sit here, I have a page that has received 70k views in the last 4 days. All "fiverr" traffic. All crap. In the last 6 months I've had several pages that have gotten loads of traffic and no conversions. One blog post got 230k+ views and zero conversions. Not even a click. All told between 3 pages I've gotten more than 500k views. That's half a million people! With no conversions. If the traffic was "real" as all of the sellers claim, there should at least have been a few clicks. That kind of traffic without any action is appalling. Especially, when I have one campaign, that I built and ran by hand, that got a job withing 150 views. Staggering right?

So what do we do about real traffic? Where do we find good traffic that converts? I don't know, but I'll let you know when I find out.